Coriander Roasted Carrot Soup with Date, Olive and Pistachio Relish
- Medium Sauce Pan
- Immersion blender or stand blender
- Sheet pan
For the Soup:
- 1.5 pounds Carrots
- 1 Tablespoon Coriander Seeds crushed
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- 4 Tablespoons Olive oil divided
- 1 cup Sweet onion, sliced
- 2 cups Vegetable Stock
- 1 can Full fat coconut milk
For the Relish:
- 1/4 cup Dates Chopped
- 1/4 cup Green olives Chopped
- 1/4 cup Pistachios Chopped
- Preheat oven to 450 F.
- Cut carrots into 1 inch pieces, roughly all the same size. Toss with 3 tablespoons olive oil and salt and pepper to taste.
- Roast on a sheet pan until well browned, about 15-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the remaining 1 Tablespoon of olive oil in a medium pot and cook the onion over medium low heat until softened. Add in the roasted carrots and vegetable stock and bring to a simmer. Simmer over low heat 10-15 minutes and then blend with an immersion blender or a stand blender. Stir in the coconut milk and warm through gently.
- To serve, ladle the soup into bowls and top with relish. Garnish with cilantro leaves and black sesame seeds.