Grilled White Peach and Prosciutto Salad with Asparagus and Hazelnuts
- 1 bunch fresh asparagus
- 2 white peaches
- 6 pcs thinly sliced prosciutto
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 handful toasted hazelnuts
- 12 thin slices Manchego cheese
- Half head radicchio
- Fresh mint
- Microgreens & flowers optional
- Balsamic reduction
- Flaked sea salt
- Bring a small pot of water to a boil and season liberally with salt. Cut the tough bottom park of the stalks off of the asparagus and boil for 1 minute. Immediately drain and place the cooked asparagus in a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking process. Remove from the ice water after 1 minute and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Heat a grill pan (or outdoor grill) over medium heat.
- Cut each peach into 6 wedges and wrap each wedge in half a piece of prosciutto. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill for about 1-2 minutes per side, just enough to get grill marks.
To Assemble Salad
- Thinly slice the radicchio and arrange for a base on the plate. Top with prosciutto wrapped peaches, blanched asparagus and toasted hazelnuts.
- Finish with torn pieces of mint, microgreens and edible flowers. Drizzle with balsamic reduction, a little more olive oil and add a pinch of flaked sea salt.