- Hand mixer or stand mixer
- Baking Sheets
- mixing bowl
- Parchment Paper
- 1 pound butter 4 sticks softened unsalted butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- Big pinch of salt
- 1 Tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 5 cups Unbleached All Purpose Flour
- 2 cups mix ins nuts, chocolate chips, dried fruit, coconut, sprinkles, ect.
- Cinnamon sugar for top
- Whip butter in a stand mixer or with a hand mixer and slowly add in sugar and continue to whip until light and fluffy. Add salt and vanilla. Slowly add in 3 cups of the flour and then add in the mix ins. Then add in the last 2 cups flour. The dough should all come together into a ball. Press onto a parchment lined baking sheet (a quarter sheet pan is the perfect size) and prick all over with a fork. Chill until firm.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Sprinkle chilled dough with cinnamon and sugar. Bake until just starting to brown around the edges, about 20-25 minutes. Let cool completely and cut into squares.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!