FineMark's Fort Myers Executive Chef, Jillian Lane, brings us a chili dish that even the most devout of meat-eaters will enjoy! Just like any classic chili, this vegan chili is rich and packed with layers of complex flavor. Make this simple recipe a new favorite family dinner or game day dish!
- 6 C Yellow Onion diced
- 12 C Butternut Squash diced
- 3 Zucchini diced
- 2 Small Poblanos
- 3- 15 oz Cans Drained Black Beans
- 3- 15 oz Cans Drained Pinto Beans
- 3- 38 oz Cans Crushed Fire Roasted Tomatoes
- 2 Cans Adobo Sauce chipotle peppers optional
- ¼ C Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 3 tbsp Cumin
- 2 tbsp Chili Powder
- 1 ½ tbsp Smoked Paprika
- Kosher salt to taste
- 6 C Vegetable Stock
- 1 Avocado sliced
- 1 tbsp Cilantro
- 1 tbsp Scallion diced
- In a large pot, sweat onions on medium heat. Cook until just translucent, approximately 5-8 minutes.
- Add poblanos peppers and squash, cook until peppers are tender, add zucchini and cook for an additional 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the spices and adobo sauce, then the beans and tomatoes. Stir to combine and add the Veg stock. Bring to a low boil, reduce to simmer with the lid on. Cook until Squash is done, fork tender. Adjust seasoning as needed.
- Top with avocado, cilantro, scallion, serve
- Optional: fried corn tortilla chips
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!