Strawberry Ricotta Tart
Welcome summer with this tasty tart, topped with seasonal strawberries.
1 7 inch Tart Pan
- ½ cup sugar
- 1/2 cup 1 stick chilled unsalted butter
- 2 1/2 teaspoons grated orange
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1 16-ounce container Whole Milk Ricotta cheese
- 3 ounces cream cheese room temperature
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup honey
- Strawberries sliced
- Apricot jam- thinned down with a little water and heated to produce a glaze
1) In mixer, cream together butter, sugar and orange peel just until smooth. Mix in eggs until just mixed through. Mix in remaining crust ingredients just until dough forms Don’t overmix. Remove from mixer, press into a small flat “block”. Refrigerate until dough has chilled.
2) Place dough onto a floured surface and roll out. Same as pie dough. Line a greased tart pan (2 pc type). Chill until ready to use.
For filling in mixer, cream together ricotta, cream cheese, vanilla, starch until smooth. Add eggs and mix until smooth. A pinch of salt is good to add, if desired. Fill shell and bake at 325F for about 30 minutes-until batter is firm. No remaining liquid texture. Cool at room temperature and then chill completely. Freezer works great for quicker results.
To top, lay out strawberries in shingle formation and brush with apricot glaze. Toasted Almonds (optional) to garnish the strawberries is a nice addition