Special Guest: David Highmark, FineMark Bank
More than 200 professional athletes turn to FineMark as a trusted financial partner. While many share the same challenges and priorities as other FineMark families, the world of sports brings with it a unique set of challenges. In this episode of FineMark Radio, David Scaff, Executive Vice President and Palm Beach County Market President, speaks with David Highmark, Executive Vice President and Arizona Market President, about the world of banking for professional athletes.
In their conversation, Scaff and Highmark discuss:
- A behind-the-scenes look at FineMark Sports Management, founded by Highmark, which is one of the largest financial providers for professional athletes in the country
- How Highmark’s experience as a professional athlete himself early in life and later as a coach sparked his interest in working with athletes from a banking perspective
- How trust is the most important quality when building relationships with professional athletes
- The challenges that come with growing the bank’s client base while also maintaining its reputation for the highest quality of service
- The similarities between athletes and non-athletes when it comes to solving financial needs