Special Guest: Sarah McCann, McCann Design Group, HIVE Palm Beach
As the owner of one of Palm Beach County’s premier design houses and retail chains, Sara McCann has become somewhat of a local celebrity. In a candid discussion, Executive Vice President and Palm Beach County Market President David Scaff sits down to learn about her experience as a business owner and entrepreneur in South Florida.
McCann talks about her journey starting McCann Design Group and then the HIVE group of luxury home, gift and clothing boutiques. She discusses what drives and inspires her, as well as lessons learned along the way, including:
- The interplay between retailing and interior design to improve the client’s experience
- How McCann uses marketing – from word-of-mouth to digital advertising – to reach her audiences and grow her business
- The ways HIVE engages local designers with access to brands designed for the Florida lifestyle through its expansive showrooms
- How McCann safely navigated the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic without any furloughs and thrived in the months following
- McCann’s advice for young entrepreneurs who are considering launching a business of their own