Introducing Chef Lauren Simon’s Fall Recipe: Mini Butternut Ricotta Stuffed Shells with Orange Vinaigrette
Fall is finally here, and what better way to embrace the season than with a comforting and flavorsome dish? Chef Lauren Simon has crafted a mouthwatering recipe that perfectly captures the essence of autumn – Mini Butternut Ricotta Stuffed Shells with Orange Vinaigrette.
These delicious shells combine the rich and creamy flavors of butternut squash and fresh ricotta, along with a hint of aromatic sage. The result is a satisfying and indulgent meal that will leave you craving for more.
Whether you’re hosting a dinner party or simply looking for a flavorful family meal, these Mini Butternut Ricotta Stuffed Shells with Orange Vinaigrette are sure to impress. So go ahead, embrace the fall season with this delicious recipe and enjoy every comforting bite!
For more amazing recipes and culinary inspiration from Chef Lauren Simon, stay tuned to our blog.
Mini Butternut Ricotta Stuffed Shells with Orange Vinaigrette
- 1 Baking Sheet
- 1 Large Mixing Bowl
- 1 Piping Bag
- 2 Cups butternut squash cut into 2 inch cubes
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup ricotta
- 1 Tablespoon fresh sage finely chopped
- 'Large' pasta shells Boiled, drained and cooled
- 1 orange zest and juice
- 1 Tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 Tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 1/4 Cup extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 450 F. Toss butternut squash cubes with 1 tablespoons olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Pour squash out onto a baking sheet and roast until tender and beginning to brown around the edges. Roast about 20-25 minutes.
- Let squash cool and then Mash with a fork until smooth. Stir in the ricotta and sage and season with salt and pepper.
- Place mixture in a piping bag and pipe into the shells.
- Whisk together orange juice and zest, mustard, vinegar, Salt and pepper. Slowly drizzle in the 1/4 olive oil while whisking to emulsify.
- Drizzle the vinaigrette over the pasta shells and serve.