Holiday Bow Tie Pasta
This creamy and colorful bowtie pasta recipe is fast and easy, and could be the perfect dish for your next holiday meal. Quickly-made pasta dishes could be a staple for the cook to grab during the holiday season, as options for Christmas or party buffets. It's a family favorite and will soon be yours too!
- 1 Large Sauce Pan
- 1 Cookie Sheet
- 1 lb Bowtie Pasta cook in salted water following the directions on the box
- 1 bunch Asparagus cut off and discard woody ends of stalks and cut into 1” pieces
- 1 pint Cherry Tomatoes
- 3 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1 C. Pine Nuts reserve ¼ C for garnish
- 3 Tbsp Thyme leaves removed from stems
- 3/4 C. Parmesan finely grated (reserve ¼ c for garnish)
- 1 8 oz tub of Mascarpone Cheese room temperature
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees
- Make sure your veggies are ready before your pasta.
- On a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper, place the asparagus and tomatoes, drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and kosher salt, toss gently and place into oven for approximately 10 minutes or until asparagus is tender and tomatoes have just begun to split. Pull from oven and set aside.
- Cook pasta and strain, return your bowties directly to the hot pan on the stove with the heat off. Immediately add the mascarpone and stir until fully melted and incorporated. Add the asparagus, tomatoes, ¾ C pine nuts ½ C parmesan and thyme, mix. Move to a serving bowl, add garnish and serve immediately,
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!