Chef Jillian Lane’s Make-Ahead French Toast with Strawberry Sauce: The Perfect Thanksgiving Morning Breakfast
Thanksgiving morning can be a whirlwind of cooking and baking, but don’t forget that you and your family deserve a delicious breakfast to kickstart the day. Chef Jillian Lane understands the chaos and shares her amazing Make-Ahead French Toast with Strawberry Sauce recipe.
This delightful breakfast dish is perfect for a stress-free Thanksgiving morning. Once the French toast is ready, serve it warm and drizzle generously with the homemade strawberry sauce. The creamy texture of the baked bread and cream cheese pairs perfectly with the sweet and tangy strawberry topping, creating a scrumptious and satisfying breakfast that will delight your entire family.
So, even on the busiest Thanksgiving mornings, you can still enjoy a special and mouthwatering breakfast. With Chef Jillian Lane’s Make-Ahead French Toast with Strawberry Sauce, you’ll start the day off right and set the tone for a delicious Thanksgiving feast.
Make-Ahead French Toast with Strawberry Sauce
- 1 13x9-pan glass or metal
- 1 mixing bowl
- 1 16 ounce challah bread loaf, cubed
- 1 8-oz package cream cheese, cut into pieces
- 6 large eggs
- 4 cups half-&-half
- ½ cup butter or margarine melted
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 cups fresh strawberries sliced
- 1 10-ounce jar strawberry preserves
- Arrange half of challah bread in a lightly greased 13x9-inch pan, Sprinkle with cheese pieces, and top with remaining bread.
- Whisk together eggs and next 3 ingredients; pour over bread mixture, pressing bread cubes to absorb egg mixture. Cover and chill 8 hours.
- Bake, covered, at 350 for 25 minutes.
- Heat sliced strawberries and strawberry preserves in a saucepan over low heat, and serve over toast.