Jalapeño Roasted Corn Soup: A Spicy and Satisfying Delight by Executive Chef Richard RowlandJump to Recipe
Are you searching for a bold and delicious soup to warm your soul? Look no further than Jalapeño Roasted Corn Soup, brought to you by none other than Naples Executive Chef Richard Rowland.
As an expert in the culinary arts, Chef Richard Rowland has masterfully crafted a recipe that combines the intense flavors of perfectly roasted corn with the kick of jalapeños, creating a harmonious blend of heat and sweetness. Each spoonful will transport you to a cozy evening by the fire, with the comforting aromas wafting through the air.
Whether you’re a spice enthusiast or simply seeking a bowl of pure comfort, this soup is sure to leave you feeling satisfied and craving another spoonful. Its vibrant colors and robust flavors make it an impressive choice for any dinner table or gathering with friends.
So, get ready to embrace the warmth and excitement of Jalapeño Roasted Corn Soup, lovingly created by Naples Executive Chef Richard Rowland. Stay tuned for the full recipe, guaranteed to bring culinary joy to your kitchen and your loved ones.
Jalapeño Roasted Corn Soup
- 1 2-Gallon Stock Pot
- 1 Immersion Blender
- 1 Fine-mesh Strainer
- 1/3 cup Butter
- 2 cups diced Onion
- 1 Bay leaf
- 2 Ribs Diced Celery
- ½ cup Cilantro Chopped
- 8 Ears Roasted Corn cut from cob
- 4 Fresh Jalapeños-Roasted seeded and chopped
- 1 tsp Fresh ground Cumin
- 1/3 cup Masa Harina corn flour
- 2 qts Chicken Stock
- 2 cups Heavy Cream
- Salt and White Pepper to taste
- In a large enough stock pot (1-1/2 – 2-gallon capacity) heat butter, add onion, celery and jalapeño. Sauté until tender and add corn, Bay leaf and cumin.
- Sauté for 3-4 minutes then add Masa Harina. Mix in completely and cook while stirring for two minutes. Add chicken stock, mix well and simmer for 15-20 minutes while occasionally stirring until soup begins to thicken. Add cream, cilantro, salt and pepper. Simmer for about another 15-20 minutes.
- Make final seasoning adjustments with salt and pepper.
- Blend with immersion blender and strain through sieve for best results.