Port-Rosemary & Hibiscus Cranberry Sauce
- 2 C Ruby Port
- 2 ea. 4” Sprigs Fresh Rosemary reserving the tip of one sprig for garnish
- 3 C Fresh Cranberries 1 bag
- 4 Tbsp Light Brown Sugar divided
- 1 tsp. Cardamom
- 1 tsp. Cloves
- 2 Tbsp Orange Marmalade
- 2 tsp. Orange Zest
- Pinch of kosher salt
- 2 tsp. Cranberry Pear Balsamic Vinegar*
- 2 tsp. Hibiscus Tea* steeped in 1 cup very hot water set aside
- In a medium saucepan set over med-high heat, add port wine and rosemary sprigs, reduce by just more than half (approximately 20 minutes) Carefully remove rosemary sprigs and discard.
- Turn heat to low, add 2 Tbsp brown sugar, cardamom, cloves, pinch of salt, orange zest and orange marmalade, stir well to incorporate and allow marmalade to dissolve.
- Add fresh cranberries, cranberry-pear balsamic vinegar and hibiscus tea. Allow the cranberries to breakdown, stirring often. This should take about 10 minutes. Remove from heat, add remaining 2 Tbsp brown sugar, stir. Allow to cool completely, the sauce will thicken as it cools. Store in refrigerator.
**Hibiscus Tea and Cranberry Pear Balsamic Vinegar can be sourced at Estero Bay Olive Oil & Tea